CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
The All Souls Procession Fundraising Committee is seeking artwork donations for an art auction at the fall fundraising event “Bones for Bones”. This indoor event is on October 1st in the auditorium at Armory Park. Along with the art auction we will have an outstanding lineup of local music and performances. Food will also be available for sale. All funds will benefit the annual All Souls Procession and organizers Many Mouths One Stomach.
This is a great community opportunity to show your work and give to our most well attended public event. The All Souls Procession is perhaps one of the most important, inclusive and authentic public ceremonies in North America today. The Procession had its beginnings in 1990 with a ritualistic performance piece created by local artist Susan Johnson, who was grieving the passing of her father. Inspired by Mexico’s Dia de los Muertos holiday, Johnson felt she should honor her father in celebration and creativity. The performance was very well received and many artists were inspired to continue growing the Procession into its modern incarnation. Today, over 20,000 people participate in the 2-mile procession and related events. This event is funded entirely by grants, donations, business contributions, and fundraising.
Your artwork can help us meet our goals for the 21st All Souls Procession.
• Artwork will be sold in either a silent auction or raffle on Friday, October 1st at Armory Park, in conjunction with other fundraising events. This event takes place from 6-12pm.
• Artists are encouraged to submit art with an All Souls theme, but it is not required.
• Artwork must be ready-to-hang with wire, hooks, or other devices appropriate to artwork weight. For questions on artwork display please contact the organizers.
• Artists will be able to set the starting bid price for their artwork.
• All proceeds benefit the procession.
• Artwork may be submitted at the Sculpture Resource Center on Sept. 24th, 25th, and 26th from 3-6pm. If you are unable to submit artwork during these times, please contact us for other arrangements. Submitted artwork must come with (1) a complete application and (2) an attached 3×5” note card with the following information:
For questions on submissions, please contact David Campbell:
For more information on the All Souls Procession, please visit: www.allsoulsprocession.org
download form here: armoryparkfundraiser